Many companies have data feeds, be they periodic or real-time, that need to get processed and then applied. Time to value, system stability and agility for new requirements are front of mind for CIOs when deploying Big Data platforms. Time to value is time taken to get to an operational system from scratch. On one hand, anything is possible, which is important when processing unstructured data. On the other, it takes time and money to build from scratch, often at the expense of the ability to adapt to new requirements.
IBM InfoSphere Streams is an advanced analytics platform allowing applications to quickly ingest, analyze and correlate information as it arrives from thousands of real-time sources. Streams can handle very high data throughput rates, up to millions of events or messages per second.
Aponia has teamed up with IBM to partner in Streams and to offer consulting services around all aspects of Streams architecture, implementation and deployment.
What We Do
We offer Streams consulting and contracting around the following areas:
- Geospatial – enable location based services with high performance analysis and processing of geospatial data
- Time Series – perform a rich set of functions that include generation (synthesizing or extracting), pre-processing (preparation and conditioning), analysis (statistics, correlations, decomposition and transformation), and modeling (prediction, regression and tracking)
- R analytics – perform data analysis with statistical, mining and modeling capabilities
- Complex Event Processing – detect composite events in streams of simple events using patterns
- SPSS – develop & build predictive models using IBM SPSS Modeler
- Advanced Text Analytics – natural language processing for a variety of tasks such as sentiment analysis and understanding intent to purchase